Topics presented in Current Newsletter:
- NBICF President George Golfieri updates the membership on the recent scholarships awarded to SRJC Students and interesting statistics about the Foundation’s Scholarship program. George thanks the membership for the support of recent events, e.g. “Italian Language for Youth” and the “Pizza, Birra & Vino” event. Members interested in serving on the Board of Directors are invited to contact George or any Board Member in September for service in 2024 – Election scheduled for November.
- Win a Trip to Italy for 2 – 10 Days in Tuscany, First Prize includes airfare, lodging, and transportation. Trip to be taken in Fall 2024. Drawing – December 2023 or when all tickets sold. Only 750 tickets will be sold! Tickets are $25 each. Click here to view & print a flyer with information on purchasing tickets.
- October 9, 2023 – Monday at the St. Rose Parish Hall. Dinner will be prepared by Chef Cesar Orozco from Sonoma County Catering Co. Doors open at 5 Dinner at 6 pm. Dinner includes: Antipasti, Caesar Salad, Focaccia Bread, Chicken Piccata, Rice, Roasted Vegetables, and Dessert with Wine at the Table. No outside alcoholic beverages allowed. Click here for a flyer and mail-in reservation form. Or, to make a reservation online and pay by credit/debit card, visit the Reservation page by clicking here.
- Volunteers with Information Technology experience are needed to support our website, monitor event reservations, communicate and respond to inquiries from members. Contact Don Raimondi at firstname.lastname@example.org to express interest.
- Sundays at the Cultural Center with Diane McCurdy – Doors open 1:30 pm, programs start at 2:00 pm.
September 24, 2023 – film: Buona Sera, Mrs. Campbell (1968) 1h 48m Comedy (PG)
October 29, 2023 – film: The Agony and the Ecstasy (1965) 2h 18m History/Drama (NR)
- Sonoma County Historical Society Presents Sonoma County Finding History Day October 21 – 10am-2pm, Finley Community Center, Santa Rosa. NBICF historian Kathy Dowdall presents information & displays on local Italian family history including the history of Little Italy on the Santa Rosa West side.
- Mangiamo Committee Chairperson Susan Cole thanks volunteers who have worked so hard to make recent events successful and introduces our new chef who will cook for our October dinner.